Wednesday, November 9, 2011

In the Beginning.

Having finished my degree I am left with a gaping hole in my life which I have been asking around for hobbies to fill it with. Emmeline suggested I attempt to read all the books on a book cloud she had had on her wall for a while.
I immediately went online, printed out a copy and crossed off as much as I could.
It looked pretty good because of the few that I have read, many are the large-text (most popular) books. Initially I didn't cross off Hitchhikers or Narnia because I had not finished the series. Emmeline then pointed out to me that The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy only refers to the first book, not the whole series. I promptly crossed out both only to be corrected that that one does refer to the whole series!!

Emmeline and I decided to aim to read as many as possible by the end of 2012. And of course if it isn't on the internet they you didn't really do it. So we are making a blog and posting about the books we read. Reviewing would probably be the wrong term, we shall see what our thoughts look like.

Whilst visiting Cecelia I was creating a Venn Diagram to show what Emmeline and I had read and where our overlaps are. Cecelia wanted to be involved so we brought her into the fold despite her serious handicap (she gets carsick and so did not have the 2 hour bus trip during high school advantage that Emmeline and I did).

I hope you all, nonni, zii and anonymii* enjoy our reading escapades!

-Jocelyn

*I initially had 'grandparents, aunties and anonymii' because the plural of one anonymous person must be anonymii. Then I couldn't go past the alliteration that writing grandparents and aunties&uncles in Italian would create.

No comments:

Post a Comment